As much as we can talk about ecommerce strategy, and we do, itâ€™s always great to look at ecommerce statistics and how people are shopping online. If you can truly understand how people are shopping online then you can really get a great grasp on ecommerce and what the best strategy is for your ecommerce business.
The following statistics are REALLY great to show you how people are shopping online and give you a great idea of what you can do differently to capture what most peopleâ€™s behavior is when shopping.
Letâ€™s look at how people shop online:
– 73% DO AT LEAST HALF OF THEIR SHOPPING ONLINE
– 66% PREFER TO SHOP ONLINE VS. IN-STORE
– 4 OUT OF 5 SHOP ONLINE FOR A BROADER SELECTION
– 7 OUT OF 10 SHOP ONLINE FOR BETTER SALES AND PROMOTIONS (FREE SHIPPING, ETC.)
– 2 OUT OF 3 SHOP ONLINE BECAUSE ITâ€™S CHEAPER (SALE SALE SALE)
What helps you decide to buy something else?
1. Positive Customer Reviews
2. Retailers Descriptions
3. Negative Customer Reviews
>> 45% of online shoppers have bought something online that they would not buy in person.
SHIPPING: 96% are more likely to shop on a site if it has free shipping.
RETURNS: 87% are more likely to shop on a site if it has free returns
RETURNS RETURNS RETURNS â€“ BIG ONE:
> 62% rarely return items bought online
> 68% prefer to ship purchases back to the online store
> 32% prefer to return online items to a physical store
– 41% prefer email
– 27% live chat
– 25% phone call
– 7% never contact