Comparison shopping is a big part of online commerce. Millions of online shoppers visit these websites monthly to look for a product they are looking for or simply compare prices and see who has what. Comparison shopping search engines have been around for a while but since Google has majority of the market share when it comes to search share, they arenâ€™t talked about enough, but have some serious value for online retailers.
Most of these comparison shopping search engines run on a PPC (pay-per-click) basis and SOME are free. In order to dominate your niche, you should be in all comparison shopping sites, which would be ideal, wouldnâ€™t it? Truth is, 95% of online retailers have to allocate their budget across different sources so to be in all of the comparison shopping engines would be a little difficult if you do have a budget that is already running thin.
1. PRICEGRABBER.com: PriceGrabber is one of the top shopping comparison engines out there. They are reputable and work on a cpc (cost-per-click) basis bidding on each product. They also power reviews from customers and provide a website badge.
2. SHOPZILLA.com: Shopzilla, also BIZRATE, is also one of the top most visited comparison shopping search engine out there. From our experience, Bizrate has a good conversion rate and definitely worth a try. They work on a CPC basis. Traffic is also very good and be a great supplemental channel.
4. PRONTO.com: Maybe you havenâ€™t heard of Pronto yet but it has come up in the world of comparison shopping. Pronto is the largest social shopping site on the web with more than 14 million unique users monthly. Pronto also works on a CPC basis.
5. BECOME.com: Become is a comparison shopping engine you will hear more and more often as they are in a growing spurt. Become operates on a CPC basis and clicks are fairly low in price.
6. SMARTER.com: Smart is not very popular in comparison shopping but drives a decent amount of monthly traffic, and is worth it if your niche is popular enough to command decent market share. Smarter.com seems to also be in a growing period. Smarter has a lower CPC than many shopping comparison sites out there starting at .15 cents per click.
7. SORTPRICE.com: SortPrice isnâ€™t a big comparison shopping site and at this point, traffic seems to be dropping off BUT they do offer a BASIC service which is FREE of charge or an ENHANCED service which is at a low flat rate.
8. STREETPRICES.com: Streetprices is an engine weâ€™ve recently come across with and their rate card seems outdated so Iâ€™m not sure how much we can trust this comparison site in being current.
9. GOOGLE PRODUCT SEARCH: The almight Google. Are you submitting your products to Google yet? ITâ€™S FREE. http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/products/submit.html
10. SHOPPING.com: Shopping.com is a large comparison shopping site. Shopping.com is an eBay company and as you may guess, customer service isnâ€™t one of their strengthsâ€¦at all. It has an average of 20 million unique visitors a month. Their reviews are aggregated from epinions.com. They work on a CPC basis.